Friday, July 24, 2009

Worship Order

Gurukul Lutheran Theological College,Chennai
Morning Worship Order
27-1-2009

Invocation

We rejoice at the presence of the God who journeys with us,who does not forget God’s people,who has sent Jesus Christ, God’s Son, to give us justice and peace,and has given us the certainty that the Spirit of Jesus is among us.

Opening Hymn-229(Gurukul Worship Hymnal)

Litany of Thanks giving
If I say, “Surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light around me become night”, even the darkness is not dark to you; the night is as bright as the day,for darkness is as light to you. For it was you who formed my inward parts;you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.Wonderful are your works; that I know very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret,intricately woven in the depths of the earth. (Psalm 139: 11-15)

All-We thank you, O God,because you do not forget your people, your church or your world,because, even in the midst of the dark shadows of our life, you look upon us with pity.You cover us with your wingsand you come to visit us.

Litany of confession:
All-Here we are, Lord, laying our life before you,confessing our faults, whispering our sins to you.Because we do not accept the reign of God and we cherish violent thoughts:
Voice 1: I find it difficult to forgive others.Voice 2: If I am offended, I offend in return.Voice 3: Sharing is a word that does not exist in my vocabulary.Voice 4: I sow weeds instead of good seeds.Voice 5: I fold my arms, but I know that I could use my hands to build justice.
Today, we pray, be merciful to us.Give us strength and courageto walk from the darkness of violence into the light of your peace.

All-Here we are, Lord, laying our lives before you,confessing our faults, whispering our sins to you. Because we do not understand the reign of God, and we build up structures of violence:
Voice 1: We accept social and political systems that oppress the weakest.Voice 2: We respond to violence with more violence.Voice 3: We find it hard to commit ourselves to changing this distressing situation.Voice 4: We promote violence as a form of entertainment.Voice 5: We remain silent in face of injustice.Today, we pray, be merciful to our society.Give us strength and courage to walk from the darkness of violence into the light of your peace.

All-Here we are, Lord, as theological students, laying our lives before you,confessing our faults, whispering our sins to you.Because we do not experience the reign of God in our midst

Voice 1: We use your Word to justify attitudes that produce violence.Voice 2: We misuse the power of the church.Voice 3: We do not accept diversity and we exclude others.Voice 4: We keep the oppressed at a distance and receive oppressors with open arms.Voice 5: As Christians, we claim to have the absolute truth.
All-Today, we pray, be merciful to the Church.Give us strength and courage to walk from the darkness of violence into the light of your peace.Amen.

Scripture Reading-Acts:5:33-42
Reflection- Sajeev Thomas
Prayers of intercession
Lord, we pray forPeace for those who weep in silencePeace for those who cannot speakPeace when all hope seems to disappear.

All-O God replenish peace and justice in the midst of all your people

In the midst of rage, of violence and disappointment,In the midst of wars and destruction of the earth,Lord, show us your light in the darkness.

All-O God replenish peace and justice in the midst of all your people

Lord, we pray forPeace for those who raise their voices to demand it,Peace when there are many who do not wish to hear of it,Peace as we find the way to justice.

All-O God replenish peace and justice in the midst of all your people

Lords Prayer.
Benediction.
Let us go with Jesus, the light who guides us on our way.May our hope be that the Sun of Justice will rise one morning on all humankind.May the God of Peace, our constant companion,lead us along paths of solidarity and hope,and give us the joy of being united in God’s love. Amen(3).


Acknowledgement- W C C Liturgical Resources


Prepared by-Sajeev Thomas,MTh Com.1

No comments: